Self-calming techniques to retrain your brain
The stresses of everyday life can pile up on us, causing reactions and symptoms that can make it feel like it's taking over our entire bodies from head to toe. But we can retrain our brains to react to stress differently and change destructive thought patterns. Self-calming techniques are a way to stop and reverse the causes and symptoms of stress. These techniques have been shown to benefit physical and mental health, plus derail damaging trains of thought.
Self-Calming ToolboxExplore our self-calming tips to reduce stress.
- Learn about the brain's role in stress
- Listen to relaxation music for stress release
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation will help you change your reaction to stressful situations
- Learn yoga breathing techniques
- Moving Into Stillness exercise will help you relax and fall asleep
- Loving Kindness Meditation creates feelings of well-being and compassion
- Autogenic Training helps the mind and body relax
- Shake off unwanted feelings with positive self-talk
- Recuperate and re-energize from Emotional Stress with the Soft Heart Tool
- Listen to the inner strength guided audio